Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Georgia on my Mind

It’s been almost three months since I returned from my mission in Atlanta, Georgia. I can’t believe how fast time has gone! The mission flew by so quickly! I served in 5 ½ wonderful areas; Ensign, Lithia Springs, Cedartown, Cassville, Lost Mountain, and Barnesville. And I have no idea where to even start telling about my mission. So much information and experiences in one little blog post... is that possible? I guess I'll try.

The MTC was packed with information. It was crazy and tiring, but absolutely wonderful! Most of our group went to Atlanta so we were able to still see each other which was good. My first area was Ensign and I was there for 7 1/2 months. I loved it! I was blessed to meet so many wonderful people and got to know most the ward personally. It was so hard to leave there. I cried quite a bit! I also served in Cedartown for 6 weeks, Cassville for 6 months, Lost Mountain for 12 weeks, and Thomaston finished up my mission the last 6 weeks. I loved them all and they were all unique in their own ways. So many wonderful people down south. Oh and Lithia Springs is the half, as I covered there and Ensign at the same time for 5 weeks (Sister Thornton would be upset if I didn't mention it!) And then my companions. All different, (and there were 13 of them!!) and taught me something while serving with them and many will be continuing friends. (I feel like this is very broad now... )
 I met so many amazing people and had wonderful experiences. I was never a huge ‘people person’ but I grew to love those in Georgia and see the wonderful people that they are. It was amazing to see a person’s eyes light up, and their lives change as they came to understand they are a child of God. That is always true no matter what a person looks like. And so many are searching for that truth.

I had never planned on serving a mission, really it was the lowest thing on the totem pole, but obviously Heavenly Father knew better and let me know accordingly. Now, I can’t imagine my life without serving a mission! (Kind of cliché, I know).  All of the experiences I had, lessons I learned, testimony I better developed, and friendships I formed; I would not be the same person without all of that. I may have been closer to graduation, but even that isn’t worth giving up what I gained on my mission.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment